Our Cat Call AGM is normally held in April or May after the close of our financial and operating year. But due to COVID and Trustees Brenda and Lorraine being so busy it was simply not possible.
So, on the 12th August we held our 2019/2020 AGM on Zoom.
For our first online meeting it went quite well and it was great to have Cat Call supporter Maggie join us and contribute.
As usual we covered;
Our work/Performance statistics
Finance and our obligations to the Charity Commission
Fund Raising and Events
Digital Structure and Data Protection Policy
Any Other Business
Our key work statistics;
- April 2019 to March 2020
- Phone help line calls = 756 up from 734 last year
- Incoming online messages are too many to practically record
- Cats posted on our Lost and Found Register and exposed to our proactive help = 77 down from 133 last year
- Cats helped in the community = 74 down from 80 last year
- Number of Cats for whom we provided medical treatment = 65 up from 46 last year
- Number of Cats homed = 20 compared with 20 last year
- Number of Cats in our care end of March was 54
- Number of Foster and sponsored Cats = 18
- Fund raising events = 19
During the meeting special thanks went to our Vets 1066 and the additional help we get from Badgers Oak, Our shop volunteers, fund raisers Sue king and Mia and all the kind people who donated and off line without whom Cat Call cannot do its work and would not exist.
Our charity Chair Brenda closed the meeting saying
“As Trustees we feel Cat Call as an organisation has a good platform from which to carry out our work caring for Cats, 365 days of the year in the Hastings, St Leonard’s, Bexhill and Battle area. We are legal, transparent and sustainable”